This is crazy. I can’t believe I’ve actually kept this up for three years now. Well actually on Wednesday it’ll be three years, but it’s fine. I’ll celebrate today. 😉
I’d just like to give a big hug and thanks to everyone that’s read my blog. Whether you’re just now reading this one or you’ve been around for a while, thank you. I’ve been able to share my opinions and my writing with you for the past three years and I’ve loved every minute of it. I’ve written about everything from my favorite soup recipe to recently my junior prom. I’ve posted videos of my sister and I making Dubsmashes and I’ve shared a variety of quotes and poems that make me happy. I hope all of this has also made you happy or given you something to think about or some information you maybe didn’t know.
Without my dad giving me this website, I might not have become the writer I am today. Thanks Dad! 🙂 I might not have had the confidence to write about some of the things I have on this blog and in school. I might not have become more open with my feelings and thoughts. Thanks to all you readers too for dealing with my feelings, thoughts, obsessions, and ideas.
As of right now, I’m above 5,000 views on this blog which is above anything I ever imagined and this will be the 155th blog post. That’s a lot of writing! Some weeks, it’s been difficult to come up with actual ideas and so I’ve had to dig deep and sometimes they turn out really good and sometimes you get something really random like a post about fruit or polar bears. Sometimes I’m really passionate about something and you get multiple posts on that topic like with all of the posts about JFK and tennis, especially when dealing with sportsmanship.
I hope this blog is something I keep up for years to come. It’s been fun to write and create posts for the past three years. It’s been fun knowing that people are out there reading my writing and hopefully enjoying it. Once again, thank you for allowing me to share my life and loves with you. Here’s to many more years of blog posts. Thanks again!
Blogs are super fun to read and write! If you’re interested in starting a blog or even already have one, here’s a few tips for blog writing:
1. Have a day you regularly post on. For me this is Sunday’s. This way your readers will know when you post and they look forward to it every week. You can post more than once a week, but I feel like it’s lighter on the writer if you only post once.
2. Write about lots of things. There’s nothing wrong with sticking to one topic but wouldn’t it be more fun to write about all kinds of things? Writing about many topics is not only fun, but entertaining for you to write and the readers to read.
3. Use pictures to help with the blog posts. Pictures make reading much more interesting and enjoyable to everyone. They can also help support your points and arguments.
4. Keep it sweet and simple. When blog writing, I find it super easy to get carried away and go on and on and on forever. For the readers, this can get boring sometimes, unless they’re really into the topic or something like that. All you need to do is make your points, say what you need and want to say, and be done. If you’re sharing a research paper or something longer, that is okay, just don’t post something like that regularly.
5. Have fun with it and get creative! Writing a blog shouldn’t feel like torture or the worst thing you could possibly be doing. Enjoy it and be creative with what you write. Maybe you add little videos to your posts, or you end it with signature. It’s all up to you, and there are plenty of ways to make the blog your own and have fun with it.
I hope all you blog-writers out there found these tips helpful. Even if you don’t keep up a blog, it might be something fun for you to try out. Have a good week! 🙂
Welcome to “A Few of My Favorite Things”! I will discuss a few of my favorite things on this blog. This includes tennis, volleyball, dance, photography, modeling, books, art, dogs, and so on. I will post blogs every Sunday, so check back every Sunday for a new blog!
I really look forward to sharing my life experiences, stories, tips, ideas, poems, and much more with you guys.
Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my blog. I hope you find it helpful, inspiring, funny, and enjoyable to read. Enjoy!