Blogs are super fun to read and write! If you’re interested in starting a blog or even already have one, here’s a few tips for blog writing:
1. Have a day you regularly post on. For me this is Sunday’s. This way your readers will know when you post and they look forward to it every week. You can post more than once a week, but I feel like it’s lighter on the writer if you only post once.
2. Write about lots of things. There’s nothing wrong with sticking to one topic but wouldn’t it be more fun to write about all kinds of things? Writing about many topics is not only fun, but entertaining for you to write and the readers to read.
3. Use pictures to help with the blog posts. Pictures make reading much more interesting and enjoyable to everyone. They can also help support your points and arguments.
4. Keep it sweet and simple. When blog writing, I find it super easy to get carried away and go on and on and on forever. For the readers, this can get boring sometimes, unless they’re really into the topic or something like that. All you need to do is make your points, say what you need and want to say, and be done. If you’re sharing a research paper or something longer, that is okay, just don’t post something like that regularly.
5. Have fun with it and get creative! Writing a blog shouldn’t feel like torture or the worst thing you could possibly be doing. Enjoy it and be creative with what you write. Maybe you add little videos to your posts, or you end it with signature. It’s all up to you, and there are plenty of ways to make the blog your own and have fun with it.
I hope all you blog-writers out there found these tips helpful. Even if you don’t keep up a blog, it might be something fun for you to try out. Have a good week! 🙂